The NX-5000 Series offers unsurpassed interoperability for a wide variety of users as it supports three digital CAIs — NXDN, DMR and P25 (Phase 1 & 2) — plus FM analog in a single radio. Best of all, a desired CAI can be selected at will, giving you the freedom to migrate at your own pace — whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while. An NX-5000 radio can simultaneously support two digital protocols plus analog, offering the following combinations: FM/DMR/ NXDN, FM/NXDN/P25, and FM/DMR/P25.
- A desired CAI can be selected at will – whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while.
The NXDN air interface can fit into the very narrow 6.25 kHz bandwidth using FDMA technology. Ensuring spectrum efficiency, wide coverage and virtually unlimited scalability, it provides for nationwide expansion: Type-C Trunking Gen2 offers enhanced features, flexibility and performance, linking up to 1,000 sites or 24 networks.
- For simple conventional communications, making use of existing infrastructure, DMR is an excellent, cost-effective solution. Being energy-efficient, it offers longer battery life. And thanks to 2-slot TDMA, it is possible to obtain 2 talk paths within an analog 12.5 kHz bandwidth, thus doubling the capacity. The NX-5000 Series supports Tier II conventional mode.
- This digital CAI ensures interoperability among public safety agencies in North America, Australia and New Zealand. The NX-5000 Series is compatible with Phase 1 (conventional and trunked), and Phase 2 (trunked).
Integrated luminance sensor on a 2.55-inch (154 x 422 pixel) 65,536-color TFT display automatically adjusts the brightness of the backlight. On the screen, text data is shown in multi-line, as much as 5 lines.
The front panel can be removed and used as a remote controller. Also the Featured Panel* and RF Deck can be purchased separately to create Multiple Configurations.
In addition to sophisticated sound analysis and optimization technologies, these radios feature Active Noise Cancelling based on leading-edge digital technology to offer clear communications even in very noisy environments.
During the development stage, NX-5000 Series radios go through a number of stringent tests as shown below. As a result, the portable radios complying with IP67/68 immersion standards offer max. 2-hour protection at a depth of 1 meter*, while the mobile radios comply with IP54/55 dust/water ingress protection standards.
*Applies for IP68
Hands-free operation is vital for many NX-5000 users. The radios’ built-in Bluetooth® module is compatible with Headset and Serial Port Profiles (ver. 3.0) and keeps your hands free.
Featuring an integrated GPS module and antenna, NX-5000 portable radios can transmit positional data, enabling effective management when used with tracking applications like KAS-10 software. Mobile models can support GPS with the optional KRA-40G.
For storing voice and data, memory capacity can be increased up to a huge 32GB on a microSD card.*
* Purchase a card separately
Secure communications are an essential requirement, especially for public safety applications.
NX-5000 radios are equipped with 56-bit key Data Encryption Standard (DES) encryption. For even higher protection the radios can support 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption with optional module.
Man-down Detection, Stationary Detection, or Motion Detection will be automatically engaged when the embedded acceleration and tilt sensors detect unusual behavior. Lone Worker function automatically places the radio in Emergency Mode if it is not operated for a certain period of time.
The bright orange Emergency Button is located at the top (portables) or front (mobiles) of the radio for high visibility and instant access when needed.
The NX-5700(B)/5800(B) mobile radios allow users to create a variety of configurations to suit diverse requirements by combining different options.
・Gen2 & NXDN® Conventional/Type-C Trunking Protocol
・DMR Tier II Conventional
・P25 Conventional/Trunking (Phase 1/Phase 2)
– FM Analog Conventional & LTR Zones
– Color 2.55″ (154 x 422 pixel) TFT Display
– Color GUI and Multi-line Text Display
– 4 W/4 Ω; 3 W/4 Ω for the Remote Control Head
– 6 Front PF keys & 4 Up / Down Selectors
– Emergency Button
– Maximum of 4,000 CH/Radio capacity, 512 CH/Zone, 128 Zones