The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System, or Gen-III ECWCS is a protective cold weather clothing system created originally by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center. This system consisted of a parka and trousers plus 20 other individual clothing, headwear and footwear items which are used in various combinations to meet the cold weather environmental requirements of the US military. TRUSPEC’s baselayer level garments are based off these designs to give the garments the same quality and utility as the base layers of this system. The Level-1 garments draw moisture away from the skin to the outer layers of clothing providing great warmth without weight, is fast drying and compresses to reduce volume when packed.
TRU-SPEC Gen-III ECWCS Level-1 Top
- Double needle stitched crewneck collar
- Tagless heat transfer sizing label
- Thumb holes in sleeves for adding multiple layers
- Flat locked construction
- Microban anti-microbial properties in the fabric to aid in odor defense
- Double needle stitched hem